While there are numerous types of instructing in the Christian training field, there are a couple of fundamental precepts that are appropriate in all cases.
We will zero in on these precepts as they apply to “formal” educating (homeroom, conversation, address, training connections), yet they are similarly as significant in casual settings.
1. Set objectives. This is likely the greatest exclusion for educators. We know and need to convey a great deal of “stuff,” however we haven’t unmistakably characterized our objective and reason. Without an objective and reason, our training meanders and we won’t see the satisfaction the Lord plans in our services.
It might be useful to pick a refrain or entry to be a guide for your educating. At that point, as you set up an exercise or a progression of exercises, ask yourself inquiries to check whether you are meeting your objectives. For instance, in the event that we were taking a gander at Ephesians 4:11-16, we may ask ourselves:
How am I preparing individuals to serve through this exercise?
How am I developing the assemblage of Christ?
How am I prevailing to act as an illustration of Christ-like character? How am I coming up short?
What conventions am I educating on? How might I better convey them?
What useful application will my listeners draw from my exercise?
What sin or mistake am I going up against?
What profound orders am I advancing? Am I exhibiting them in my own life?
How am I empowering closeness with God?
How am I urging individuals to adore?
Is Christ the start, finishing, and focal point of my instructing?
Explicit exercises and arrangement of exercises will, obviously, have extra explicit objectives specific to the current point. These objectives ought to be obviously depicted before showing starts, and customary assessments should occur to be sure that objectives are being accomplished.
2. Set forth exertion. Give your planning – and your conveyance – the best of yourself. Try not to expect satisfaction in service on the off chance that you reliably “cobble something together” ultimately, are hurrying around the house to get out on schedule, and are drained when it’s an ideal opportunity to instruct. You and your listeners will benefit from your instructing on the off chance that you set forth strong, moved exertion into planning time, and are refreshed and excited when it’s an ideal opportunity to talk.
3. Be deliberate. Manufacture an exercise as you would fabricate a house. Establish a framework and build up your focuses altogether and totally to an end. You need your listeners to leave with a few things: realities, comprehension, and application.
4. Dodge digressions. Regardless of whether they originate from you or from one of your listeners, stop digressions from really developing (except if there is an unmistakable explanation and the Spirit’s prompting follow them and develop them). Exercises ought to be tight, permitting no space for meandering or floating. You won’t achieve your objectives except if you remain centered.
5. Consolidate universality and orthopraxy. Every exercise ought to contain both right educating (conventionality) and guidance on right practice (orthopraxy). Teaching in a vacuum won’t be recollected or be viewed as relevant. Direction on right practice won’t become instilled except if the reasons and principles behind it are perceived. Guidance on the Word of God and the stroll of God ought to go connected at the hip at whatever point we educate.
6. Make it pragmatic. Each exercise ought to be a “elastic meets-the-street” exercise. On the off chance that it’s not handy, it won’t be recollected. On the off chance that it doesn’t have any significant bearing to life today, to my life today, at that point it’s a misuse of my time. Draw exercises from life today, and tell the best way to apply exercises to life today.
7. Be dynamic. Whatever your showing style, make it dynamic. Dynamic originates from the Greek word “dunamis,” or power. Regardless of whether you talk or lead conversations, whether you appreciate acting your exercises before a group or lean toward calm occasions all around, your instructing style ought to be power-filled through the Spirit. Be inventive. Be convincing. Be testing. Be energized. Be extreme. Anyway you talk, get your listeners and hold them – at exactly that point will they hear what you’re stating.
8. Empower collaboration. In practically all cases, individuals will gain more from a class that they take an interest in. Pose inquiries. Empower reactions and conversation. Be certain individuals are understanding what you’re stating. Welcome information. Indeed, even a class that is dominatingly address has space for student interest. Often an inquiry and answer time will serve to get back the tenets and exercises educated.
9. Rehash and audit. You just recollect a small amount of what you hear – so be certain your audience members hear what’s most significant ordinarily. Audit the central issues of past exercises. Survey focuses made before in a given exercise. Rehash truth until it gets imbued in your listeners.
10. Freebees and schoolwork. Try not to be reluctant to request that your audience members set forth exertion on their own part. Give freebees with occupy ins and space for notes at each class – it urges individuals to record key focuses, along these lines helping the learning cycle (the more detects you participate in learning, the better you will recall). Give schoolwork. Request that individuals read and think and plan for the following class, or to catch up on the one simply given. Remind your listeners that Christian instruction doesn’t occur for one hour on a Sunday – it must be a piece of day by day life.
11. Anticipate greatness. Individuals will ascend to your desires for them. Never belittle or act condescendingly toward individuals. Try not to give shallow or lighten filled exercises. Dive profound into reality and your audience members will become hopelessly enamored with reality, as well.
12. Ask. Appeal to God for yourself and your listeners. Appeal to God for your planning time, your purification, and your conveyance. Appeal to God for their mindfulness, comprehension, and pledge to stroll with the Lord. Appeal to God for wisdom, knowledge, and shrewdness. Your service will possibly succeed on the off chance that it is washed in and established on supplication.
© 2008 Paula Marolewski
You have my consent to reproduce and convey this article as long as it is dispersed completely, including all connections and copyright data. This article isn’t to be sold or included with whatever is sold.
Paula J. Marolewski gives testing and intelligent grown-up Bible investigations for people, Bible examinations, little gatherings, and grown-up Sunday School classes at Sink Your Roots (www.SinkYourRoots.com). The above article is a selection from Called to Teach.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/master/Paula_Marolewski/231029
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1359816